October 27, 2009

Waiting

It's only been 6 days since we mailed out our dossier and already the waiting seems a little hard at times.  I think the fast pace of collecting paperwork these last two months gave me the sense that I was doing something to move things along, and now it feels strange to sit still!  So...here are some verses the Lord brought to my attention that remind me He is in control of all things, including the timing of all of this.

Isaiah 14:24, 26-27 The Lord of hosts has sworn: "As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand...This is the purpose that is purposed concerning the whole earth, and this is the hand that is stretched out over all nations.  For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who will annul it?  His hand is stretched out, and who will turn it back?

Isaiah 46: 9-10 Remember the former things of old; For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying "My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all My purpose."

What a great God we serve, who rules over all things, whose hand is stretched out over all nations!  Lord, help me to rejoice in every circumstance, knowing that You have ordained it and You have good purposes that will stand. May I rejoice in You and be satisfied in You.

Psalm 73: 25-26, 28 Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...As for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.

No comments:

Post a Comment