I try to use Scripture in my conversations with the kids, especially when I correct them. I'm planning to start doing Bible memory with them at meal times when they turn two, using this method that came recommended by a friend. I'm excited! But the past couple of days I've been thinking that our little man already has a verse memorized that they've heard repeatedly -- Ephesians 6:1. Sure enough, he knows it, our little talker!
Translation: Children, obey (your) parents (in the) Lord, (for) this (is) right.
Our kids aren't geniuses. I'm convinced that repetition is the key. For example, we say the Lord's prayer and read the Bible with them before their nap and before bed. And after hearing it twice a day, our little talker can't help but have the Lord's prayer down.
Our sweet miss is pretty talkative for her age too, and I think she knows a lot of what he knows, but she isn't verbalizing it yet. What a good reminder for me as a mommy that they're soaking in what I say whether they let me know it or not!
October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment